Whether you want to be active or just sit back and relax, Ranelagh offers a diversity of choice. Outside, you can walk around Ranelagh's sweeping lawns and gardens, take in the nature reserve at the Macquarie river across the road, swim in the salt water pool or play tennis on the fully lit tennis court.
Inside, play snooker or pool on the full size table, bask in front of an open fire and revel in the period architecture of Ranelagh’s formal lounge, the perfect place to enjoy a book or an afternoon nap. Relax with a glass of wine while you watch a movie on the big screen. Our home theatre has an overhead projector, a large 3 metre screen and surround sound. Choose a movie or simply watch TV . We have a selection of DVD’s or bring your own.
For those who prefer to cater for themselves Ranelagh offers a spacious, well equipped eat in kitchen with oven, microwave, double door fridge with freezer and ice maker, dishwasher, all crockery, cutlery and serving dishes and a generous dining setting for 10.
Ranelagh offers much more when it comes to comfort. Here are some of the facilities.
- A maximum of 5 double guest bedrooms guaranteeing an intimate stay
- 4 guest bathrooms with complimentary toiletries and hair dryers
- Rooms are individually heated, one with open fire place; Ranelagh is air-conditioned throughout
- Children catered for by prior arrangement
- Conveniently located 2 kms from cbd
- 5 minutes from Dubbo’s main tourist attractions including the Westerns Plain Zoo, Dubbo’s 27 hole championship golf course and the Old Dubbo Gaol
- 2 guest lounges. The Formal Lounge features 2 marble fireplaces, full size snooker table, home theatre with television, video, CD player, games, books and dvds. The Summer Room features an open wood fire, big screen TV and CD player and comfortable couches
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Access to laundry
- Antique and period furnishings
- Non-smoking house
- Large veranda with views of spectacular sunsets
- Guest B.B.Q. in the courtyard
- Authentically restored 19th century heritage home
- Pet friendly
What people are saying:
This is the second time we stayed overnight at Ranelagh on our journey elsewhere and regretted that we didn't spend more time there.
Ranelagh is a self catering B&B with a super generous selection of breakfast and a huge pantry in a huge kitchen with all the charm of a bygone era but with all the mod cons.
The bedrooms are large, cosy and always welcoming after our long drive to get to Dubbo.
Ranelagh is a place worthy of its standing as a local heritage icon preserved beautifully and faithfully in its appointment and furnishings by its owner - Peter.
Peter is easy to get along with and a phone call is all it took us to find everything ready for us on arrival.
We haven't stopped talking about it from the first time we saw it over 12 months ago and used it again for our trip recently.
We have travelled all over the world and Australia and stayed at the best of the best hotels but few have given us that special feeling of olde worlde homeliness-away-from-home, comfort, safety, cosiness and charm.
We unhesitatingly and wholeheartedly recommend it.
By A TripAdvisor Member - 21 Sep 2009
> back to top